Thrive is a nonprofit organization focused on creating a more sustainable economy in the Rogue Valley by connecting people with locally owned businesses and locally grown food. Our mission is to lead businesses and communities to build a thriving local economy of independent, locally owned businesses that are socially, environmentally, and financially sustainable. buylocalrogue.org
We are seeking a director to lead our organization focusing on fundraising and membership recruitment.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position in a single PDF file to info at thriveoregon dot org. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by Jan. 9, 2017. Open until filled.
Title: Director of Thrive
Hours: 30 hours per week
Duties: The Director reports to the Board of Directors and serves as the staff leadership of Thrive, providing vision and implementation of day-to-day operations as well as support services to the voluntary Board leadership in implementing the Thrive mission. Specifically, the Director performs the following duties:
• Provides leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans to continually advance the mission.
• Consistently represents and publicizes the goals, programs of Thrive with a strong, positive image to relevant agencies, organizations, and the general public.
• Publishes the Rogue Flavor local food guide annually with the support of the Outreach Assistant. Sells advertising in Rogue Flavor publication; compiles listings, edits content.
• Leads efforts to recruit and retain business members and participants in the Rogue Flavor campaign.
• Publishes bi-monthly e-newsletters for businesses and individuals.
Administrative & Personnel
• Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, including IRS and Oregon Dept. of Justice annual filings.
• Coordinates bookkeeping, fiscal administration and restricted funds tracking.
• Maintains a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
• Recruits, directs and supports Thrive volunteers.
• Encourages staff, board, and volunteer continuing education.
Financial & Fundraising
• Supports the board's responsibility to maintain adequate financial resources to carry out the mission through program funds, grant writing, special events, and individual donations.
• Oversees the Brews, Bluegrass & BBQ fundraiser annually.
• Work with staff and the board in preparing and working within an annual budget.
• Conduct community relations relative to fundraising activities, including events, donor cultivation and management;
• Visionary and charismatic leader and advocate for local economic development that also values environmental health and social justice.
• Strong networking & sales skills combined with ability to listen to / solicit needs of members
• Demonstrated commitment to Thrive's mission and values;
• Knowledge of local food systems and sustainable agriculture;
• Knowledge of local economy movement principals and activities.
• Bachelor's degree in nonprofit or business management and a minimum of three years of experience in business or nonprofit management or demonstrated ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and social media.
• Strong organizational, operational and financial management skills.
• Successful grant writing, fundraising and/or sales experience.
• Collaborative and transparent management style.
• Experienced grassroots and community organizer with strong networking skills;
• Commitment to maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
• Writing and computer proficiency with mail merge, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Joomla and Sales Force.
• Must have your own vehicle and Oregon drivers' license
• $22.50-$25/hour, salaried based on 30 hours per week, non-exempt
• Mileage reimbursed
• Paid holidays
• Sick time